Ceramic Industrial Coatings is a leading manufacturer and distributor of paints and coatings with strong market positions in the industrial wood coatings industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis MN, we have operated for over 50 years with a strong passion for paint. Our growth and commitment to excellence has directed us to recruit for a Plant Chemist. This is a full-time position and is based in our Minneapolis location. Ceramic Industrial Coatings is proud to offer a competitive wage, bonus plan, 401K match, health & dental insurance, and much more.
Successful candidates must perform each job responsibility safely, effectively, and in a timely manner.
- Provide Technical Plant Support for formulation and manufacturing processes for existing coatings and contract manufacturing product lines.
- Support new product development with formulation, scale-up, and testing activities.
- Provide support in color matching and production activities, including color matching software and dispensing equipment.
- Participating on various Continuous Improvement teams at the facility – Safety, Quality, Waste Reduction, Operations, and ISO implementation.
- Ensures ISO system documentation of processes are established, implemented and maintained as it relates to laboratory and technical functions.
- Interact with Operations, Sales, and Customers on product selection and product enhancements.
- Participate in 6S and Safety programs as directed.
- Bachelor Science degree – Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 2-5 years Expertise in industrial chemical environment – preferably coatings related
- Self-starter with proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Inquisitive; technically savvy; practical with equipment; proven problem solver.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do, proactive and innovative mind set.
- Working experience and understanding of ISO and Lean Manufacturing preferred.
Interested candidates are encouraged to email a resume to attention of Dan Lewis at @ email@example.com