Exercise with Care
Exercise is a major element in every fitness plan. However; it is important that you exercise safely if you want to reap the benefits of any active workout.
- Check with your doctor before starting any exercise program.
- Begin slowly and gradually increase your work out intensity and duration.
- Follow all safety guidelines for using workout equipment, including proper use of footwear and protective gear.
- Inspect workout equipment and protective gear routinely to ensure it is in safe operating condition.
- Warm up and stretch muscles before you exercise. Then cool down and stretch again when you are done. This will help you increase flexibility and reduce the chance of muscle strain.
- Incorporate several different physical activities into your exercise routine. By doing so, you will use more muscles and make your workouts more interesting.
- If you experience sharp or severe pain during your workout, STOP IMMEDIATELY! If the pain persists; check with your doctor.