Sun Safety Tips
Beside the immediate effect of sunburn, excessive exposure to UV radiation over time can cause skin cancer, eye damage, immune system suppression, and premature again.
Protect yourself from the sun.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects against UVA and UVB rays and has a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 15 or greater.
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours when outdoors, especially if you’re swimming or sweating.
- Wear protective, tightly-woven clothing.
- Wear a 4-inch-wiede broad-brimmed hat and sunglasses with UV protective lenses.
- Stay in the shade whenever possible.
- Avoid reflective surfaces, which can reflect up to 85 percent of the sun’s rays.